What's in these terms?These terms tell you the rules for using our website www.stepone.life ("our site"). Click on the links below to go straight to more information on each area:
- 1. Who we are and how to contact us
- 2. By using our site you accept these terms
- 3. There are other terms that may apply to you
- 4. We may make changes to these terms
- 5. We may make changes to our site
- 6. We may suspend or withdraw our site
- 7. We may transfer this agreement to someone else
- 8. Application of these terms
- 9. You must keep your account details safe
- 10. How you may use our site and the material on our site
- 11. Do not rely on information on our site
- 12. We are not responsible for websites we link to
- 13. Warranties and liability
- 14. How we may use your personal information
- 15. We are not responsible for viruses and you must not introduce them
- 16. Rules about linking to our site
- 17. Which laws apply to any disputes?
- 18. Trade marks
Who we are and how to contact usOur site is operated by Step One Clothing, Inc. ("we", "us", "our"), a Delaware corporation. To contact us, please email email@example.com.
We may make changes to these termsWe amend these terms from time to time. Every time you wish to use our site, please check these terms to ensure you understand the terms that apply at that time.
We may make changes to our siteWe may update and change our site from time to time to reflect changes to our products, our users' needs and our business priorities.
We may suspend or withdraw our siteOur site is made available free of charge. We may suspend or withdraw or restrict the availability of all or any part of our site for business and operational reasons.
We may transfer this agreement to someone elseWe may transfer our rights and obligations under these terms to another organisation. We will notify you (by publication on our website) if this happens and we will ensure that the transfer will not affect your rights under these terms.
Application of these termsThe "STEP ONE" products are currently only available for purchase in Australia, New Zealand, The United States and the United Kingdom. These terms apply to the use of our site by those residing in the United States. If you reside outside the United States, Australia, New Zealand and the United Kingdom and are interested in purchasing "STEP ONE" products, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- use our site in breach of any applicable laws;
- use the site to harm, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten or otherwise offend others;
- interfere with, disrupt, or create an undue burden on the site;
- use any method or process (including data scraping) for the purpose of copying or modifying the content on our site; or
- do anything which will or is likely to damage, disrupt access to or interfere with the proper operation of our site.
- you retain ownership of the intellectual property rights (if any) in the User Content;
- you grant to us a non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free, transferable, perpetual licence to use, copy, modify and exploit the User Content in any form, in any media and for any purpose, including the right to sub-licence;
- you unconditionally consent to us and our successors, our assigns and sub-licensees using the User Content in a manner which would (but for this clause) infringe any of your moral rights (as defined by the Copyright Act 1968 (Cth)) in the User Content;
- you acknowledge that, unless we expressly state otherwise at the time you upload the User Content, User Content will be considered non-confidential and may be viewed by the public (including by other users of our site);
- you warrant that to the extent your User Content contains any personal information or images of any individuals, you have obtained the prior written consent of such individuals for us (and our sub-licensees) to use such personal information and images as part of the User Content in the manner contemplated by these terms without needing to pay any royalties or other amounts to such individuals;
- you agree we may modify or remove any User Content on our site without notice. We also have the right to disclose your identity to any third party who is claiming that any User Content posted or uploaded by you on our site breaches their rights (including intellectual property rights, moral rights or privacy rights or of their right to privacy); and
- you agree to indemnify us, our related bodies corporate, and each of their respective officers, directors, agents and employees (collectively "those indemnified") from and against any claims or allegations (including all legal fees and costs) made against any of those indemnified by any third party that our receipt or use of the User Content infringes any third party rights (including intellectual property rights, moral rights or privacy rights) or breaches any law.
Do not rely on information on this siteThe content on our site is provided for general information only. It is not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely. Although we make reasonable efforts to update the information on our site, to the extent permitted by law, we make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content on our site is accurate, complete or up to date.
We are not responsible for websites we link toWhere our site contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. Such links should not be interpreted as approval by us of those linked websites or information you may obtain from them. We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources and if you decide to use or rely on any such third party sites, content or resources, you do so solely at your own risk.
Warrantines and LiabilityDifferent limitations and exclusions of liability will apply to liability arising as a result of the supply of any products to you, which will be set out in our Terms and Conditions of Sale
13.1 Disclaimer of Warranties
- You understand that we cannot and do not guarantee or warrant that files available for downloading from the internet or the Website will be free of viruses or other destructive code. You are responsible for implementing sufficient procedures and checkpoints to satisfy your particular requirements for anti-virus protection and accuracy of data input and output, and for maintaining a means external to our site for any reconstruction of any lost data. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PROVIDED BY LAW, WE WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE CAUSED BY A DISTRIBUTED DENIAL-OF-SERVICE ATTACK, VIRUSES, OR OTHER TECHNOLOGICALLY HARMFUL MATERIAL THAT MAY INFECT YOUR COMPUTER EQUIPMENT, COMPUTER PROGRAMS, DATA, OR OTHER PROPRIETARY MATERIAL DUE TO YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE OR ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE OR TO YOUR DOWNLOADING OF ANY MATERIAL POSTED ON IT, OR ON ANY WEBSITE LINKED TO IT
- YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE, ITS CONTENT, AND ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. THE WEBSITE, ITS CONTENT, AND ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE ARE PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS, WITHOUT ANY WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. NEITHER WE NOR ANY PERSON ASSOCIATED WITH US MAKES ANY WARRANTY OR REPRESENTATION WITH RESPECT TO THE COMPLETENESS, SECURITY, RELIABILITY, QUALITY, ACCURACY, OR AVAILABILITY OF THE WEBSITE. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, NEITHER WE NOR ANYONE ASSOCIATED WITH US REPRESENTS OR WARRANTS THAT THE WEBSITE, ITS CONTENT, OR ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE WILL BE ACCURATE, RELIABLE, ERROR-FREE, OR UNINTERRUPTED, THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, THAT OUR SITE OR THE SERVER THAT MAKES IT AVAILABLE ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS, OR THAT THE WEBSITE OR ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE WILL OTHERWISE MEET YOUR NEEDS OR EXPECTATIONS.
- TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PROVIDED BY LAW, WE HEREBY DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, STATUTORY, OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, NON-INFRINGEMENT, AND FITNESS FOR PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
- THE FOREGOING DOES NOT AFFECT ANY WARRANTIES THAT CANNOT BE EXCLUDED OR LIMITED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW.
13.2 Limitation on liability
- TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PROVIDED BY LAW, IN NO EVENT WILL WE, OUR AFFILIATES, OR THEIR LICENSORS, SERVICE PROVIDERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, OFFICERS, OR DIRECTORS BE LIABLE FOR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, UNDER ANY LEGAL THEORY, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE, OR INABILITY TO USE, THE WEBSITE, ANY WEBSITES LINKED TO IT, ANY CONTENT ON THE WEBSITE OR SUCH OTHER WEBSITES, INCLUDING ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PERSONAL INJURY, PAIN AND SUFFERING, EMOTIONAL DISTRESS, LOSS OF REVENUE, LOSS OF PROFITS, LOSS OF BUSINESS OR ANTICIPATED SAVINGS, LOSS OF USE, LOSS OF GOODWILL, LOSS OF DATA, AND WHETHER CAUSED BY TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), BREACH OF CONTRACT, OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF FORESEEABLE.
- HE FOREGOING DOES NOT AFFECT ANY LIABILITY THAT CANNOT BE EXCLUDED OR LIMITED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW.
- in the case of goods – repairing, replacing or supplying equivalent goods, or paying the cost of any of those remedies to you; or
- in the case of services – supplying the services again or paying the cost of having the services supplied again.
We are not responsible for viruses and you must not introduce themWe do not guarantee that our site will be secure or free from bugs or viruses. You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programmes and platform to access our site. You should use your own virus protection software. You must not misuse our site by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material that is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our site, the server on which our site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our site. You must not attack our site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our site will cease immediately.
Rules about linking to our siteYou may link to our home page, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it. You must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists. You must not establish a link to our site in any website that is not owned by you. Our site must not be framed on any other site, nor may you create a link to any part of our site other than the home page. We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice. If you wish to link to or make any use of content on our site other than that set out above, please contact email@example.com.
Which country's laws apply to any disputes?These terms are governed by the laws of Delaware, and you submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts in that State.
Trade marks"STEP ONE" and the "STEP ONE" logo are trade marks owned by Step One Clothing Pty Ltd (ABN 34 616 696 318), and are used by us under licence.